Alopecia Hair Loss Information and Medical Wigs for Women and Children
Alopecia is a medical term used to define hair loss. In most cases the cause of alopecia is not known. Studies have shown that alopecia could be hereditary and factors such as stress, medication and illness could also cause alopecia. Alopecia could also be a symptom of diseases such as diabetes, lupus, and thyroid conditions. Some women will experience hair loss after childbirth. In most cases this is temporary.
Types of Alopecia
- Alopecia Areata – This Type of Hair Loss is due to autoimmune response. Hair loss is seen mostly in the scalp area in the form of bald spots sometimes the size of a nickel.
- Alopecia Totalis– This type of hair loss is caused by autoimmune response. With Alopecia totalis hair loss is present on the entire scalp.
- Androgenetic Alopecia – This type of hair loss is caused by hereditary factors. It is found in both men and women. Traction Alopecia- This type of alopecia occurs when because of excessive friction and rubbing of the scalp. Traction alopecia is mostly seen in women or men who have ponytails, micro braids, cornrows and weaves. All this hairstyles create traction on the scalp.
- Alopecia Universalis – This refers to hair loss which occurs over the entire body. People that suffer from this type of hair loss lose their eyebrows, eyelashes and hair from other parts of their body.
Alopecia wigs are full lace wigs that are sometimes known as full cranial prosthesis. Alopecia wigs are not usually different from other full lace wigs. Full lace wigs and lace front wigs pretty much have the same purpose regardless of why you need to wear them. All our full lace wigs are great for people that suffer from alopecia because;
- they are expertly hand made and each hair strand is hand tied to give an illusion as though it is coming from one’s scalp;
- we can custom make any full lace wig to your specification such as color, head size and texture;
- our full lace wigs are made from the premium quality Indian, Chinese, Mongolian, Malaysian and Indian Remy;
- all our full lace wigs are made with an invisible hairline to give it a natural look. No one will know you are wearing a wig;
- we carry a variety of colors, textures and length to provide you with something that will look natural on you and leave you feeling secure and confident; and
- the type of lace base we use is one of the newest most innovative and natural looking bases on the market today .
Browse our full lace wigs today for Alopecia for Women And Children
Grant and Help/ Support for Alopecia Patients
If you suffer from hair loss, you might qualify for financial assistance from different organizations. Be sure to check with your insurance company to see if they cover full cranial prosthesis. To receive further information, please fill our form on our Contact Us Page Here.
Alopecia Customer Testimonials
I am so excited to be the winner this month. I want to thank you for allowing me this opportunity to share and hopefully inspire others with my story. In 2001 I was diagnosed with Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Raynard’s Syndrome. I was 27 years old, single, very involved in my church as a mentor to young women and a freelance makeup artist. When I was diagnosed it changed my life completely. I went from this outgoing person, always wanting to help others and their self esteem to needing help with my own. I couldn’t believe that everything was changing, like loosing my hair by the bundles, but also gaining large amounts of weight. When my doctor added the diagnosis of Alopecia, I felt like my world as I knew it was over. However, I had so many people that depended on me to keep them motivated. I searched for some time to find ways and solutions to hiding how much hair I was actually losing. Image was everything to me and being single with a diagnosis of this nature made me feel as if I was alone. I am grateful that after years of braking through the challenge that “Life” brought my way, I can say in 2010 I have been happily married for 5 years to a wonderful man that saw the true beauty within me despite the outer struggle I “Had” faced in my past. I have been re-diagnosed and now am still dealing with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Myopathy and Raynaud’s Syndrome, and let’s not forget about “Alopecia”. After years of searching for the “right” fit of units, I found this company and let me tell you, I have never been more excited about the beautiful spirits that exist with Lace Front-Wig.Com. Believe me when I tell you, I know my “Hair”!!!! This has been one of the best decisions I have ever made to trust Julia and staff with my “first impression”, in my everyday life. Thank you all for this beautiful gift. You truly make me a believer that this challenge was not about me, but other girls, and women that have this as a struggle daily. Be Blessed.
Tacana, Fort Worth, Texas
Our customers are always our biggest assets and we train our staff to make everyone’s experience a great one. Our customer testimonials speak for themselves. We are passionate about hair and women!